Serves : 4
½ kg Chicken (cut into serving size pieces)
4 nos. Green Chillies
2 nos. Onion (finely chopped)
1 tbsp. Coriander powder
2 tbsps. Black Pepper (powder)
2 tbsps. Coconut (dry powder)
5 tbsps. Vegetable Oil
Raisins for garnishing
Salt to taste & 1 tbsp ginger & garlic paste
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add pepper powder
(this will reduce the hotness of the pepper a bit).
- Add slit green
chillies and chopped onions, fry till the onions are fully done and brown.
- Add ginger and garlic
paste and then the coriander (daniya) powder.
- Then add the chicken
pieces, let the pieces fry in the oil then add salt and a little water for
the chicken to boil.
- After the chicken is
tender and done vaporize the water if any by keeping on high flame.
- Now add the coconut
powder and cook on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Decorate with kajus
and the chicken is ready to serve.
Chicken - 1kg (whole)
Butter for batter - 120 gms (approx.)
Butter for basting - 125 gms (approx.)
Red Hot Chilli Powder - 5 gms
Kashmiri Chilli Powder - 10 gms
Green Chillies - 20 gms
Ginger - 10 gms
Garlic - 10 gms
(Grind all the spices)
- Mix ground masala with butter.
- Make cuts or slits on the fleshy parts (breast and legs) of the chicken,
and rub in the mixture thoroughly.
- Leave it to marinade for 10-12 hours.
- Bake till chicken is three-fourths cooked, basting frequently with butter.
- Then remove it and fry in butter. Return again to the tandoor for 3-4
- Keep basting till done.
500 gms Rice (basmati)
500 gms Chicken
200 gms Potato (peeled and cut)
250 gms Onion (red, thin sliced)
100 gms tomatoes (chopped fine)
100 gms curd (Yoghurt)
25 gms Biryani Masala ( you can try Khamkar's brand or any other good one)
1 pinch Saffron
3 tsps. Milk
Salt to taste 3 tbsps. Vegetable Oil
1 tsp ghee one boiled egg (sliced into circles for garnishing)
- Wash and cut (small pieces) and marinate the chicken with the biryani
masala powder, salt and yoghurt and keep it aside for an hour.
- Cook rice separately (do not cook fully. Keep it semi-cooked), add salt
and keep aside.
- Heat milk, put pinch of kesar and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in pan. Deep fry half the quantity of onions and all
the potatoes till onion is golden brown. Remove both from the pan and keep
- Fry the remaining onion in the same oil till golden brown and add the
marinated chicken. Cook for 10 minutes.
- In a separate vessel, put ghee and 1 tbsp of oil, half quantity of
semi-cooked rice, all fried potatoes and half quantity of fried onions and
milk of kesar. Put the cooked chicken on top of it and then cover it with
the remaining semi-cooked rice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, boiled eggs and rest of the fried onions.
Tightly cover the utensil and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with Raita.